Friday, February 2, 2007

Oiling Continues, The End is Near

Tonight I rubbed down everything with 0000 steel wool and put on another coat of tung oil. It was real smooth after the steel wool treatment. This is the 3rd coat of tung oil and I think it will be the last coat on the neck, as it's looking pretty good. I'll see in the morning.


Here's the 4th body coat. It's looking better all the time. Watch the edges with the steel wool, I had a minor sand-thru. The 3rd coat needed smoothing and I got carried away near an edge. The body's taking on more of the oil's color, kind of a light orange-brown. You can still see the grain, which is what I wanted.



It shouldn't be too much longer now. Maybe one or two more body coats, a little drying time, and final assembly. I should be playing it Monday at the latest.

No comments: