Thursday, February 1, 2007

Headstock Lacquer Finished, Oiling Continues

No pictures tonight, as there's nothing really new to show. I figured six coats of clear on the headstock was enough, so I took off all the blue tape. It took just a little sanding to clean up the tape line. I wiped down the neck with denatured alcohol to remove any tape residue and started wiping on the tung oil. I'm being careful around the lacquer and it's still kind of fresh so I decided not to tape the top. If I got tung oil under the tape I wouldn't know until I finished, when it'd be too late to wipe it off anyway.

As for the body, Carvin recommends putting one coat of tung oil on the inside spaces of the body, so that's what I did this evening. It'll be hanging for the rest of the finishing.

More later when something else happens.

No comments: